Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Showtime!

When I was a kid I always loved the show, although we rarely went since we lived in the country. When we moved to Perth and were older the show became something of an obsession for myself and my sisters and we went every year. My younger sister even had her wedding reception there! But over the past few years it's become less and less exciting and I tell myself every year 'I'm not going next year'.

Yet somehow, every year I end up back there...

And so what better place to take TPOH than to my beloved show? Here is what he got up to.

The excitement on his little piggy face is evident as we line up for tickets.

As soon as we walked in, TPOH was bounding with excitement due to the sounds and smells and noises. He wanted to do everything! One of the first things that happened was a lovely lady in red walked past on stilts and kindly posed for a photo.


These displays were either new this year or just moved onto a main drag. I hadn't seen them before anyway.


TPOH with a rather evil looking Skippy the Kangaroo.

TPOH is an avid supported of free animals.



He freed this bear and now they're best freinds.


With some old farm machinery.


We stopped off at the Police Pavillion and TPOH made lots of friends.


He also got into a little bit of trouble...



But after having his mug shot taken...


...all was forgiven.


To keep TPOH from getting into more trouble we went to see the doggies. However, this doggie was looking at TPOH like he was lunch so we hurried onwards...


...to see the farm animlas! However, TPOH's cousin Boris didn't recognise him and tried to eat him too. And I mean literally. I had to wrestle TPOH out of his chewing jaws!


Seeing the other animals from a safer distance.


With the iconic ferris wheel in the background.


Watching the horses do their thing.


In sideshow alley.




After a big day, it's time for some dinner.


Then we watched the fireworks.


And then after a long and exhausting day, it was off home to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment